Sunday, February 1, 2009

how will i chose to live the rest of my life?

side by side comparison of the life i am living now, and the life i want to live:

 

       In The Food                            In Recovery

        insecurity self-confidence
        physical sickness vitality and health
        depression comfort in your own skin
        a life lived alone a life enjoyed without fear of others
        untruthfulness honesty with both yourself and others
        a wasted life a life lived to much higher standards
        underused potential a realization of your worth

 

I could go on and on, but I will stop there.  with it laid out in front of me, im just baffled that I have let food take force me to live in the first column instead of the second.  I am 22 years old… I have much of my life in front of me.

how am i going to live the rest of it?

 

i’ll tell you how.. I am going to make recovery the most important thing because the stakes are much higher than a few vanity pounds.. this is the rest of my life.

i am going to focus on ignoring the voice of food and listening to the voice of my creator- the one who has come to bring me life.  although my weight isn’t considered terrible by any means, and I haven’t seen the full force effect of the physical problems this disorder brings, it’s only a matter of time!  i will get there.. unless i do something about it now. 

food plan for today:

 

Breakfast Luna Chai Tea Bar 3
  Chicken 2
Lunch South Beach Diet Pizza 7
  carrots 1
Dinner sweet and spicy chicken stew 5
  pepper jack cheese and WW crackers 4
  SF pudding 1
  TOTAL 23

No comments:

Post a Comment