Monday, January 26, 2009

Hi, I'm M and I'm a Compulsive Overeater.

Hey Bloggies!
Wow, so- I've been toying around with the idea of keeping an Abstinence blog for awhile now and finally took the plunge. I have been involved with Overeaters Anonymous for almost a year and had four good clean months of abstinence at the very beginning.


Unfortunately, I got it in my mind that I could somehow do this whole recovery thing without meetings, without support. Eventually that turned into me thinking I could handle no plan of eating, no accountability. Boy, was I wrong!


So begins my journey to abstinence once again. This time I am going to take everything I've learned from my successes and from my mistakes and use it to grab hold of serenity just a little (a lot) tighter than ever before. I will get into more detail tomorrow, but I have high hopes for this little blog of mine :)


I plan to post my plan of eating each night for the following day. I also plan to use this site to go through the questions in the Overeaters Anonymous Workbook and to reflect on things I am learning about my life through the clean eyes of abstinence. I hope that through my journey, this blog will also become part of my service and a way for me to carry the message on to other compulsive overeaters.


I am by no means (at all!) perfect. In fact, I am weak and and powerless over my disease... and I am happy to admit that. You see, the realization of powerlessness is the one thing that can bring me to recovery. I can't do this one my own, I need my Higher Power's help. My plan is simply that: my plan :)


this is not a diet, it's a journey to recovery. My plan of eating won't work for everyone and recovery is dependent on learning from others and attending meetings so that you can find what will work for you. All that said, I hope this blog is helpful and encouraging! I will post my plan of eating tomorrow as well as my "plan of action" dealing more with my compulsive tendencies. For now, I leave you with my Food Plan for tomorrow!


MEALFOODPOINTS
BreakfastSugar Free Oatmeal2
BreakfastSugar Free Coffee2
Lunch100% WW Bread w/ FF Bologna2
Lunch100% WW Crackers w/Hummus4
LunchSF Pudding1
Dinner100% WW Pasta w/Veggies5
DinnerChicken Breast5.5
DessertSF Pudding1

TOTAL:22.5

No comments:

Post a Comment