Tuesday, February 3, 2009

food plan and meeting recap :)

what a great meeting last night! as much as I love phone meetings as part of my program, I really need to be in the same room as other compulsive eaters at least once a week for me to work recovery to the best of my ability.

there’s something about the presence of someone who understands.  There are a few people in my life outside of
OA who know about my struggles.. and while they sympathize, they can’t possibly understand.  That’s ok though, I’m really glad they don’t know first hand. 

My OA friends need no explanation though.  what a blessing to have found this group!

Last night we read step two from the 12 and 12.  If you haven’t picked up a copy of this book yet, i highly recommend it.  The chapter talked much about the crazy things compulsive eating had lead us to do with food… the eating out of trash cans, from the floor, stealing food, lying to loved ones about what and how much we had eaten.

I’m pretty sure I have done all of those things at least once, many of them way more than once. 

It also talked about how our compulsive eating had negatively effected our lives outside of weight gain…. the half-hearted way of living, the dishonesty to friends and family, the limited social life, barely getting by in all aspects of life. 

To me, this is so tragic.  I know I am young, but I have let so many years and experiences pass me by because of my poor self image and destructive habits. 

God only gives us one life for a reason, He has given me such a gift in each day and I need to start appreciating it.  I’m am so glad God has allowed me to find OA :)

 

Food plan for today:

Breakfast SF granola bar 2
  1oz of pork 3
Lunch SB Diet pizza w/mushrooms 7
  Apples 1
  Laughing Cow Cheese 1
Dinner Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stew (no more left!) 5
  WW Wasa Crackers 1
  Laughing Cow Cheese 1
  SF granola Bar 2
  TOTAL 23

No comments:

Post a Comment