Thursday, February 5, 2009

making a little tweak.

So, I am having the hardest time getting started.  Most OA veterans recommend cutting the sugar and flour from your diet when you find yourself having a hard time, so I tried it.

While I did notice that some of my physical cravings went away, my mental cravings only increased.  My problem with food is so psychological that when I cut an entire food type out of my life, there was too much stress. I couldn’t turn off the thoughts about “never eating sugar or white flour again” and the negatives out weighed the benefits for me.  Recovery is something I need to be comfortable doing for the rest of my life, and my prior food plan was making me really uncomfortable.

After talking to an OA friend, I am modifying my food plan.  Instead of no sugar/white flour, I am going to focus on making healthy choices and limiting my intake of both substances.  I have learned to like eating healthy food and I don’t think this will be too much of a problem.  I am still eating only 3 meals a day with nothing in between and using the Weight Watchers points system to help monitor portions.

I will let you know how today goes :) for now, I leave you with my food plan! it’s still geared toward the healthy end of things and looks a lot like my no sugar/white flour days!

 

Breakfast Chocolate Whole Wheat Muffin 1
  SF Coffee 2
Lunch South Beach Diet Whole Wheat Pizza 7
  SF Jello Pudding 1
  Whole Wheat Crackers with Cheese 2
Dinner Morningstar Riblet 4
  Arnold Thin 1
  Alexia Sweet Potato Fries 4
  SF Jello Pudding 1
  TOTAL 23
     

No comments:

Post a Comment