Sunday, March 22, 2009

progress, not perfection…

oh my land.  today was a near disaster.  totally abandoned my food plan and went a little crazy on the buffet spread at my sister in laws baby shower :( not so good.

Usually, my response to overdoing it at brunch would mean a free for all for the rest of the day, with a heart felt commitment to “start over” the next day.  the trouble with that is that tomorrow usually doesn’t come for at least a week, usually longer than that! when I finally get my act together it’s because i am physically sick and emotionally exhausted and food is no longer appealing.  What’s worse it that I am usually 10 pounds heavier at that point as well.

It’s really a tempting situation for me to start my abstinence over every time I mess up- but I can’t do that.  I know in my heart the difference between a slip and relapse.  My journey won’t be perfect or error free, but it has to be continuous. 

A popular slogan in OA is “one day at a time” or “for today”.  I don’t know about anyone else, but I have to scale it back to “one meal at a time”

I over did it at lunch, but dinner doesn’t have to be the same story.  Keep me in your prayers, if anyone reads this :)

speak with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment